Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just like daddy...

It is amazing for me to watch not only Richard imitate his big brother Dom but also for both boys to want to imitate daddy. Today it was sunny, YAY. So we went for a walk. We walked to a nearby playground and were lucky enough to see daddy working! He took us all for a ride in his race car (the little golf cart that hauls dumpsters) and let the boys help load the dumpster into the compactor. I was so exciting to watch the boys and their faces and they absorbed all that daddy did when he went to that dreaded place called "work." I wouldn't be surprised if around age 5 I start hearing "I wanna be a garbage man, just like daddy!" I am sure at age 5 this job will seem much more exciting than daddy's other job of being a pastor. I do also hope and pray that there comes a day when they begin to mature and grow into men and they begin to say "I want to love God and people the way dad does." I am so far beyond blessed to not only have a good husband who's nice and takes care of us but to also have a spiritual man who is an amazing father and will lead our sons into a life of chasing after Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. that made my nose tingle a little, like i was going to cry, but I didn't. So proud of you guys. Love your heart and am excited to see what God is doing through you and the impact it has for the future.

    ReplyDelete