Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Curiosity killed the cat....

Wrong, I do believe it should go "curiosity killed the parents." I'm actually kind of laughing about it now...but it sure wasn't funny at 6 am! Often the boys wake up early, around 6, and spend some time reading or playing in their room. I was laying in bed this morning and listening to them through the walls giggling and chatting...so cute! I decided it had been some time and even a bit unusual for them to be in there until 6:30 so I got up to peek in on things.

The boys had gotten their little hands on the powder, the costco size refill powder, and made it snow. I can only imagine their curious minds exploding with glee with each shake of the bottle. I'm sure they even fought over it for a few moments and then couldn't help but share. I can picture it so clearly, here Richard you try, here Dom your turn. I don't blame them but it sure was sad...sad for mommy and daddy...to have to clean up the powder. I am glad they had such a good time together today, in fact they really didn't mind their consequence of no dora and time out. They both kinda just took the punishment with pride. Dom even said, "I sorry mommy, OK I have time out" I couldn't help but smile.

I am sure all of you who have had children are saying, "well, it happens to all of us." In fact I may have been sad if we made it through the toddler phase without even just one of these messy stories!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the wrong "their" and therefore, erased my comment - anyway, I said...I love this story. At least their room smells nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun memory to share with them later! :)

    ReplyDelete