Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dom getting his haircut...

The hairdresser was this sweet Asian woman who spoke little English so she didn't understand half of what my toddler was saying which made the whole thing funnier.

HD (hairdresser): "you hold real still now."
D: Nodding his head
Me: already getting anxious about the whole event

*The cutting begins with the trimmers*

D: Scrunching up his shoulders "owie owie owie"
Me: "Dom, no owies here it won't hurt you"
HD: "you move you give me owie"
D: Eyes really big shaking his head "I no give owies"

*Now moving on to the scissors*

D:"I wuv you Mama"
M: "I love you Domer, you're doing a good job"
D: "Woman, I wuv you"
M: "Dom, we just say we love our family"
D: "Woman, me no say I wuv you I jus wuv my Mama"
*Moments later*
D: kicking the cape to float in the air
HD: "bebe sit still"
D: "it's DOM"
HD: "okay bebe sit still now"
D: "it's D_OM_ER"
ME: "Okay Dom, just stop moving, keep your eyes on Mama"
D: "Look at dose womans!" pointing to the pictures on the wall in another corner.
HD: A look of desperation comes over her face, "Bebe, be a good boy and look at your Mama"
D: "It's D_O_M"
Me: Finally finished the cut holding the child's head still!

*Dom's cut is finished and Eli hops into the chair*
D: "Woman dats bebe"

I have to say I am SO proud of him. The last three cuts for Dom were spent crying and scrunching shoulders, and yelling "No, no, no!"

2 comments:

  1. that is so cute! I have to hold Zoe's head in my hands, look right in her eyes and make up princess stories until the HD is done:) otherwise she squirms like a little worm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you documented this moment. It will be a wonderful memory to look back on. He is such a sweet heart and definitely knows who the baby in the family is.

    ReplyDelete