Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The bank...

It's amazing how once we started this journey a whole population of foster and adoption has been opened up to us. I could tell you about several situations over the last year of people sharing their adoption or foster story with us. I had another experience today. Most of the stories I hear are about people who had been adopted but today is a foster story and it stops there.

I was at the bank today in the drive through lane and was depositing checks, one of which was our foster check. Here is how the conversation went through the glass:

Bank Teller: Are you a foster parent?
Me: Yeah (a bit curious as to why she was asking, often people in our neighborhood ask about our foster pay to see if it would be a good income source so we never really talk about it).
BT: I was a foster kid.
Me: Oh yeah (not sure if this is a good or bad thing)
BT: How many do you have?
Me: 2, they are biological brothers.
BT: How old are they?
Me: 2 and 3
BT: Thats good, most people only want babies and they want to split up the siblings.
Me: Yeah, we are actually adopting them, we are so blessed.
BT: I wish someone adopted me.
Me: Yeah?
BT: I guess that's how life goes sometimes. (as she passes my card through the box back to me)
Me: Well have a really nice day, thanks for sharing with me.
BT: You too!

And that's the end of the story. I wish more people would adopt from the foster system, it's the best thing that EVER happened to us.

1 comment: