Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two birthdays, age 2 and 3, one week, lots of fun!

They boys are 5 days shy of being a year apart. I've been pondering what this really means. It defiantly means after this birthday all the rest need to be two parties a week apart, no combined parties...they need to feel distinctly celebrated and appreciated. It sort of mean a heap full of challenges and joys. By nature, as male siblings they will always be competing for love, attention, talent, friends, etc. I knew as parents we would have the challenge of teaching the boys to have a high level of self confidence without constantly comparing themselves to their peers. These two will forever have the added challenge of not comparing themselves to one another. I am constantly praying that even now, I wouldn't lump them together as having the same passions, curiosity, learning curves, and interests. I think we have a lot of similar challenges as parents of twins, triplet, and the like. I often find myself feeling much empathy for parents of multiples.

On a very positive note they are very bonded to each other. They share a similar story. They are bonded by their strength to overcome the challenges that life and sin has brought them. They care deeply about each other, even now at such a young age. Eli says every day when he wakes up from his nap (they sleep in separate rooms) "where Dum-en-ick" go?" He needs his big brother. On the same hand, if Dom wakes up first he immediately says "mommy, where Eli go?" in his most concerned voice. He needs to know his baby brother is still near and okay.

With the joy of the bond comes the tears and tantrums of two toddlers sharing toys, space, food, Daddy, Mommy, doggie, couch cushion, sippy cup, book, and so many other things:)

I pray with all my heart that I wouldn't become lax or unaware for the uniqueness of each child. That I would notice, love, appreciate and be sensitive to each boy's unique set of differences. I pray that I would not become light-hearted of flippant in my speech about how the two develop at different rates. I pray that they would learn to love all of the uniqueness in each other as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are off to an amazing start. For real, those boys could not possibly have more amazing parents! You are blessed. They are blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete