Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Sunday, May 2, 2010

imagine this


These boys' imaginations are amazing to me.  They can get lost in a world, in a moment of their own creation and have so much fun doing so.  Eli will spend at least an hour 'cooking' for Mandy and I, we get pancakes, cookies, and sandwiches...some of my favorites.  Dom loves playing with his dinosaurs and all his toys and they all at some point go to Grouchland to help Elmo find his blanket.  But this morning, my heart was warmed at their game.


They both grabbed their back-packs and said, 'Gotta go help Omari car! Buh bye!' And off they would run around the house to help Omari and his car.  You see, Friday night, as we wrapped up dinner, my buddy Omari called cause he had run out of gas and was stuck about 4 minutes from my house.  I jumped up from the table and told the boys that Daddy had to go help his friend who was in trouble, and off I went.  As I drove there I began to be concerned because my gas can doesn't have much of a spout and I forgot to grab a funnel.  No knowing what to do, I began to look around the car and looked in back seat to see a plastic water bottle; which I was then able to puncture the bottom of it and use it as a funnel.  


Unknown to me, back at the house, Dom was looking at Mandy saying he wanted to help Daddy's friend too, he wanted to help Omari.  So Mandy began telling the boys that Omari's car wasn't working and Daddy had to go get gas for it.  And even though they were all still at the house, they could pray for God to help me as I helped Omari.  So they did!  And now for the last two days helping Omari has been the imagination game for both of them...don't get me wrong, I love my imaginary cookies and an adventure to Grouchland sounds like a lot of fun...but this, this was the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment