Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

To Grandmothers House We Go...

I've been a bit stagnant on my blogging lately and there are several reasons why. The main reason is that I've been writing the boy's story. I met with a mentor recently and was telling her about God's clear hand in every step of this journey. She encouraged me to write it down, so I have been! I am amazed that as I write I find MORE ways God was working to bring us together. At some point I may put some of those on here but for now they belong to the four of us;)

Anyway, yes...to Grammie Lynn's we go!

Nick entered a random contest on Facebook and won two tickets on Southwest Airlines! Also, until the 22nd Eli flies free and Nick's parents will only be in West Vergina (near the rest of the family in Pittsburgh) for a few more months. All that to say, the time is now...we are fling to Grammie Lynn's! We leave in exactly one week and I'm scared out of my mind! Two toddlers (who rely on consistency) across three time zones with a bunch of crazy Muccis!!!! What am I to do? I've been planning, praying, and holding my breath. I've got things planned to a T like I've never planned before:) And trust me I'm prepared for all plans to melt down in which case we default to plan B, C, or D!

Anyone with toddlers and experience flying, feel free to drop a few hints here:) We've got the time zones working to our advantage, just praying they sleep through the sunrise and we should be set!

To be honest, we are ALL so excited for this trip and I cannot wait to show off my amazing children.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! Plenty of snacks! Bring along some new toys and books that they have not seen yet. Have them in comfy clothes and bring extra clothes. :) If you have, or can borrow a DVD player, bring that and lots of videos! I am excited to hear about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my kids are weird or what, but I've really found that when it comes to traveling, less is best. If I bring a huge bag full of all the books and gizmos and gadgets one could ever desire, they go through it in an hour and are bored and unhappy. If I bring one interesting book and one simple toy, they entertain themselves the whole time.

    This is the most helpful book in the world for our travels: http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Scarrys-Best-Word-Book/dp/B001JEA7IQ/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270702726&sr=1-21

    That book keeps their attention like none else.

    And, I second the snacks. We eat a LOT on airplanes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin who shops at the dollar store before flying. She breaks out a new dollar toy every 15-30 minutes or so, throughout the trip.

    Also, be prepared: airplanes have NO changing stations for babies. You're on your own for that one. =)

    ReplyDelete