Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day...

Who do I love most in this world?  After Nick, it's hands down my two sons.  How can a love grow so deep and so quick?  I've only know these boy's names for 2 1/2 months and I would lay down my very life for them.  Most women have 9 months to grow a love for their children, their hearts beat as one for 9 long scary and exciting months.  I do believe that I also have been growing my love for these two since last January and that by the grace of God our hearts beat as one.  Some people who consider adoption wonder if they can love an adopted child as much as a biological child.  That's not even a question for Nick and I.  Obviously we've never had a biological child but I do believe we love these two just as much maybe even more than one that came from our own blood.  A while back I was glancing through old posts and realized I never blogged about the day that love was confirmed, the day we met.

I believe the reason for that is because while that week was happening I didn't even have a moment to breath.  I couldn't sort my thoughts and I didn't know up from down.  I was so tired and scared and excited I couldn't even speak correctly.

Now that my life has become a bit more "normalized" in the last month I still can't begin to describe that day in a way that wouldn't make it too vulnerable for the whole world to see. So, forgive me for not sharing that moment with you but I hope that when the boys are old enough to understand I can be clear enough to even share it with them.  

What I can say is that when the first words they spoke to us on that first day was "there's mommy and there's daddy" my heart grew.  I didn't know that one person could contain that much love inside of them for another.

Happy Valentines Day Elijah, Mommy loves you.

Happy Valentines Day Dominick, Mommy love you.

Happy Valentines Day Daddy, I love you even more then these two babies and that's a lot of love for one person to have.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Mandy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you writing this and sharing. How faithful is God to translate the massive amount of love had to us.

    ReplyDelete