Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sick Days...

I knew that when I decided to be a stay at home mom I would have several sacrifices to make and I felt pretty confident that it wouldn't be a problem. WRONG there is one thing that I wish I still had from my days at the YMCA, a way to call in when I am sick! Eli has been sick the last two days but was better today, just in time for me to catch his little stomach virus. Oh how I wished that I could just call someone and say "I can't come in today" and forget all responsibility as I drift off to sleep back in my bed, or the couch, or wherever for that matter. No, I fought nausea while the boys played around me, then my man showed up! Nick took off work to take care of the boys so I could crash back in bed. I am so lucky to have such a responsible man to be here when I really need him.

2 comments:

  1. Good for Nick! Sick days are the hardest for me, too. Well. Right after the days that follow sleepless nights. Those are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good man! I've been sick this week too and so thankful that I don't have that little one around I'd so love to have on most days. :)

    ReplyDelete