Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Now I finally understand...

I've heard over and over again how precious the early years are with your children. I don't think I understood just what that meant and I don't think one can understand until you've become a parent. As I was trying to help Dom fall asleep I had started hearing in my head..."oh how I wish this was easier" or "come on child, sleep!" Then the Lord allowed me to stop thinking of more than the moment and put things in perspective. I have missed 2 1/2 years of snuggles, kisses, cries, boo boos, diapers, nightmares, and learning of this sweet child. If I have to sit here all night rubbing his back so he feels safe and relaxed to sleep...by all means I am proud and honored to. I don't want to miss a moment more of their lives. I sure do get tired and bored of preschool games and art and I sure get stressed out if daddy had to go do work but these kids are amazing. I don't deserve them. God is so good to me and I have so much to praise Him for.

I am so stinkin proud of these kiddos and if you could watch them as much as I do I guarantee you'd be blown away.

p.s. my arms are killing me! Dom weighs about 35 lbs and Richard weighs about 25 lbs. and they both want and should be held all the time...eeekkk

1 comment:

  1. such great perspective... we're dealing with the same sleep deprivation issues and it is very tough! But we're taking a lot of deep breathes, and saying a lot of prayers. In the end, like you said, it is such a blessing to even have the little ones in our lives!

    ReplyDelete