Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eli's tears...

They've been flowing a lot lately I guess that comes with the fact that he's blown and ear drum and delt with a stomach virus at the same time. The kid is tough. Along with being in pain he is in the thick of the terrible twos, just kinda mad at the world right now. Often when he does this Nick and I can do a little playful mimicking of the whining and tears and he instantly turns to giggles. When that doesn't work or when we are in public I often tell him to take a deep breaths until he calms down.

The other day he was in the heat of a real smokin scream so I thought I'd join him. I said, "well bud, you know I kinda feel like crying to. Can I cry with you a little?" I let loose and without skipping a beat, through his screaming, and with all the bossiness he could muster he whaled "no crying mom, kake deep breafs, deep breafs mom!" I couldn't help but laugh. I was stealing his show and he didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment