Welcome to the blog sharing the journey we are on of growing our family through adoption, as well as what life is like after the adoption has finalized.

There is a section where you can read some FAQs, check out the process we will be going through...as well as the blog posts filled with humor, joy, as well as probably some frustrations along the way!

Once again, welcome and let's enjoy the ride!!

______________________________________________

Thursday, October 21, 2010

that MY Daddy

so, after football practice, Mandy and the boys came and picked me up.  we had to stop at Burgerville, cause the second we got in the car, Dom announced it was potty-time.  so I took Dom inside and when we finished and left the bathroom, Eli could see through the glass and had this to say, either to Mandy or to himself...but one day after I shared with Mandy that I felt my abilities as a father should be called into question, I can say I needed this...


i smile cause i own you :)
"That Daddy
That MY Daddy
My Daddy is so happy and he loves me so much
Yeah he loves me
I love MY Daddy
My Daddy going pee pee pee in the potty
He all done pee pee pee

could've done without the 'pee' narrative, but my heart melted and jumped for joy after hearing this.  this kid will own your heart in a second...so this is your warning...no matter how much i feel like i struggle at being a dad, these two always find ways to make me feel like a hero, whether its running to me when they get up from their naps and see i'm home from work, wanting to stand next to me at football practice...even when i don't think i'm a hero, they find ways to make me feel like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment